Dreamwork: Creative Triggers for Lucid Dreams

Lately a few people have mentioned to me the occurrence of "weird dreams," or dreams that are rather vivid and busy. Weird is a subjective term and means different things to different people, but I assure you that "weird" is quite normal in the dreamscape.

Weird, strange, or peculiar dreams can be one of the best spring boards to dreamwork.  In my experience I have three different types of dreams: lucid, prophetic/psychic, and the typical strange dream we're all used to.

I'll start by discussing my experience with lucid dreams because they require triggers. In lucid dreams I become aware that I'm dreaming.  I know that I am the conscious creator and if I feel the desire I can mold and shape things in the environment, including the people, places, and scenarios.  I can decide to sit on the ceiling, ride a bike through the air, or become another person.

In my Strive to be Lucid post I mentioned that when you start becoming lucid you may startle and wake up.  It is possible to push past this and stay lucid in the dream.  Unlike the typical, or prophetic dreams that I experience lucid dreams don't tend to have any hidden meanings behind them for me, they are more like a VR experience.

Nightmares and stressful dreams have been huge moments for me in triggering lucid dreaming.  The first time I did this is was very empowering.  I had been meditating on the movie quote below regarding turning your back on the monsters in your dreams.
Nancy Thompson: [referring to the Balinese way of dreaming] But what if they meet a monster in their dreams? Then what?
Glen Lantz: They turn their back on it. Take away its energy and it disappears.
-A Nightmare on Elm Street, New Line Cinema, 1984
Learning to turn your back on, and take away energy from, the "bogeymen" in your dreams is monumental.  For me, the first thing in lucid dreaming, in pushing past that startled feeling that wakes you up is fearlessness.  There is nothing to fear in the dreamscape.  Even when you are facing your biggest fear there is still nothing to be scared of because it's all an illusion.  It's make-believe.  A virtual reality world YOU constructed.

I believe that the subconscious creates upsetting images and situations to get our attention to look at things in our lives that we are ignoring, avoiding, or in denial about.  Consciously make the decision in the waking world that when you are in these compromising, unsettling situations in the dreamscape that you will take the opportunity to become lucid and make changes.  Even if you are not successful with this method there is still something to be learned.  This is where dream interpretation comes in.

More on that in next weeks blog, in the meantime focus on what creative triggers you can be using to set lucid dreaming in motion.  Stay tuned for more techniques and guidance in dreamwork coming soon.

As always, would love to hear your experiences.  What triggers have you used to reach lucidity?


Brightest Blessings,
Phoenix Rose
-
Connect on social media:
FB - www.facebook.com/phoenixrosereadings
Twitter - @PhoenixRoseCM
IG - echoside_phoenix_rose
Pinterest - phoenixrosecm
-
Shop - EchoSideCreations.etsy.com
Blog - EchoSidePhoenix.blogspot.ca



Comments

  1. I have actually struggled with this - trying to trigger myself. I think I need to read more of your posts :) I have had lucid dreams in sleep but not so many in my more recent adult years. I used to have a LOT of them when I was small and I think my environment was so insecure that might have been a sort of trigger. I also have daytime or waking experiences where I seem to go off somewhere very real and experience things but it always seems that the moment I realize I'm not in the physical plane anymore, I snap back. When this happens often I have to spend 10-20 seconds re-orienting myself to day/time/activity that I was supposed to be doing when the dream began. I don't know if this is lucid dreaming or something else though because even though I feel conscious, aware and interactive during the event, I forget about my physical body and world for a while and I also don't try and change the dream usually - even though I can consciously do things in the dream they seem to be motivated by something subconscious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daydreaming could very well be tied into lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is a form of astral projection. It does sound like you are going off to the astral. To me it sounds like you are not grounding enough, at the same time also seems like there is work for you to do in the astral if that's where your subconscious keeps pulling you to. Have you considered asking your guides about this?

      Delete
    2. Welcome! and yes ok that does make sense. So do you feel lucid dreamin is similar or same as astral journeying? I thought that I was being ungrounded and admittedly I do get that way sometimes but about 2yrs ago I started a morning and nighttime grounding practice which helps a lot. I still have the impromptu astral journeys sometimes so I have asked my guides and my etheric body about it. They confirmed what you said, I have things to do there but they leave out the details. I have lots of dreams where I have a few other lives that I'm living while I sleep and these seem to pull me in during those daytime trips as well. When I wake from these dreaming lives I remember them but they fade faster than I can get a pen and paper out of my bedside table.

      Delete
    3. I have other lives in the dreamscape/astral too, and some are in parallel worlds, some are in past or future lives. I am even a spirit guide (we most likely all are) however, I remember one dream very vividly where I was helping one of the people I guide. In this consciousness I sometimes wonder how he's doing, lol. I'm sure that there's other goings-on that I just don't recall. (or it's not useful for me to recall)
      Now I'm wondering if this is what's happening with you... doing spirit guide work. Just a thought.
      I don't recall any daytime trips for myself, though it is very possible this happened when I was younger. Was a bit of a "daydreamer" or "space case" if-you-will.

      Delete
    4. So interesting!! That does actually strike a chord with me because I have some very faint memories of the dreams and the daydreams where I am dressed in a certain way like flowy gowns and stuff (so not what I normally would wear), I also seem to appear and disappear and float in other instances. I know for sure there's a young girl that regards me in some way, maybe it's as a spirit guide! I never thought of that but it sounds so right! I've also seen myself standing on top of a mountain in a really dark landscape looking out over a lot of destruction and I seem to be some kind of sorceress in that plane. I have had future and past dreams too. It makes sense what you said though, perhaps we all are doing those things in some form or another just without having full or sometimes even partial awareness of it.

      Delete
  2. So I could control my dreams?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oracle: Deck Interviews - The Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Deck

Dreamwork and Crystal Combinations: Chrysocolla, Howlite, and Unakite